Weekend Whereabouts

Monday, April 25, 2016

Friday was spent with pizza and decorating -- two of my favorite things. I went to a friends house and we did a lot of furniture rearranging and trying to figure out what direction we wanted to go in with her dining and living room. I'm so glad she is as obsessed with all things chinoiserie as I am. Here is some inspiration I've pulled for her. 


Saturday was spent in Greenville for a surprise birthday party. When we got home, we were both exhausted and decided to rent, The Revenant and we were in bed by 8pm. 

Sunday we went to church, got some lunch with the in laws and then the hubs went to Greenville (again) to play golf with some friends. Chelsey and I went shopping, seriously went everywhere we could in Greenwood which isn't a lot but right before we were going to go home, I remembered Hancock Fabrics was closing and wanted to pop in there real quick, soo glad we did! The whole store was 90% off! That's basically free people!! I could not believe there was still some of this amazing fabric left on the bolt. I took everything they had which only ended up being a little over a yard but hey, I could recover something small, a chair cushion maybe or make some fun pillows! I love the raised fabric - gives it a luxe feel. I also scored this greek key trim. I got 18 yards for $7! I have no idea what I'm going to use it for but the possibilities are endless from pillows or adding trim to some plain curtains for an instant makeover. My grand total for fabric and trim was $14. 


I wasn't the only one who scored a great deal. I saw this gorgeous navy thick fabric. It looks velvet but not and is simply amazing. I can't believe I didn't take a pic of it. Anyways, I wanted to do touches of navy in Chelsey dining room and thought this would be the perfect fabric to recover her chairs. We will eventually get my MIL to add a really cool monogram. She got a total of 9 yards for $20! A steal -- and we will only use less than half of that for the chairs so still plenty of leftover to play around with. 

One place on our list to go to was Lowes where we scored a pair of lamps that were on clearance - even better! The below picture is from One Kings Lane...

And now here is Lowes..



Looks very similar and half the cost of the OKL. I really liked the idea of glass especially since we have not picked out fabric for pillows. These will go with practically everything and she can move these all around the house and still work. Win win. 

Once I got home...I caught up with my guilty reality tv shows on DVR and indulged in some sushi. Bored, around 9 pm I went into our spare guest bathroom and started eyeing the wallpaper. 


Next thing you know...


BAM. Around 9:40 Corey came home. I think his exact words were: "I leave you alone for a couple of hours..." 

In all honesty, I'm surprise this bathroom has made it this long with the safari themed wallpaper. I will hopefully finish this week and we will patch and mud some spots and then it's painting time! Don't ask me what color because I literally have no clue. I know it will be a lighter color since there is a shower in this bathroom. I hate when you use a darker color and the steam will add water lines after a shower. I'll keep y'all updated on what color I end up going with.

That's it for this weekend roundup! I hope everyone had a great weekend and please let me know if y'all have any color suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs