101 in 1001

Tuesday, April 29, 2014


If you follow along to Mackenzie Horan, you already might know about 101 in 1001. Mackenzie, from  Design Darling, is one of my favorite bloggers and introduced us to 101 things in 1001 days (about 2.75 years). I decided to join in on the fun because I love a list! This will also be a great way of keeping track of my longer term goals as well as hold me more accountable.

Starts May 1, 2014

Ends January 26, 2017

PERSONAL (0/38)
  1. Volunteer for a cause I am passionate about.
  2. Read at least twenty new books.
  3. Donate blood.
  4. Master at least ten new recipes.
  5. See three concerts.
  6. Read the bible from beginning to end.
  7. Run a 5K.
  8. Give up fast-food for one month.
  9. Make the bed every morning for an entire month.
  10. Try Meatless Mondays for a month.
  11. Learn how to arrange flowers.
  12. Host a dinner party.
  13. Drink eight glasses of water every day for two weeks. 
  14. Try a juice cleanse.
  15. Perform at least ten random acts of kindness.
  16. Get a T-shirt quilt made of all my college t-shirts.
  17. Sort through all my storage at my parent's house and donate what I don't need.
  18. Put all family recipes in a cookbook.
  19. Learn to monogram & sew.
  20. Frame my diploma...finally.
  21. Memorize ten bible verses.
  22. Join a new bible study.
  23. Put pictures in all the blank frames around my house.
  24. Wake up at 5 a.m. every day for two weeks.
  25. Go to bed before 10 p.m. every day for two weeks. 
  26. Unplug completely for 24 hours (no iPhone, internet, television, etc.).
  27. Learn how to tie a tie.
  28. Learn how to french braid.
  29. Organize all my files/photos on my computer. 
  30. Run outside every single day for a week straight. 
  31. Reconnect with my Phi Mu alum.
  32. Go without soda for a month. 
  33. Decorate my house completely.
  34. Take a spin class.
  35. Read five classic novels.
  36. Complete "Jesus Calling".
  37. Go through and organize every room in my house.
  38. Think about everything I am grateful for at the end of each day.
PROFESSIONAL (0/12)
  1. Buy photoshop and take Blogshop.
  2. Invest in pretty business cards.
  3. Take a photography class.
  4. Make a group of "blog friends".
  5. Start a youtube video series.
  6. Create an actual work space at home.
  7. Attend a blog conference.
  8. Team up with other bloggers on a project.
  9. Publish three "how-to" posts.
  10. Learn enough HTML to make changes on my blog.
  11. Publish a recipe post.
  12. Write a blog every single day for a month straight. 
FAMILY & FRIENDS (0/8)
  1. Send friends snail mail on their birthday.
  2. Have our families over for dinner once a month.
  3. Make someone I love breakfast in bed.
  4. Start a supper club. 
  5. Have a spa day with my mom. 
  6. Go fishing with my dad. 
  7. Go on a family trip every year. 
  8. Give five "just because" gifts.
TRAVEL (0/12)
  1. Visit a new continent.
  2. Visit a new country.
  3. Visit a new state.
  4. Visit NYC.
  5. Tour a vineyard.
  6. Try ten new restaurants.
  7. Go on a mission trip.
  8. Do Vegas.
  9. Take a girls trip with my best friends.
  10. Do a mountain cabin weekend with friends. 
  11. Travel out west. 
  12. Visit a national park.
JUST FOR FUN (0/31)
  1. Do a polar bear plunge.
  2. Watch the sunrise.
  3. Have a picnic.
  4. See a movie outdoors.
  5. Take a calligraphy class.
  6. Attend a braves games.
  7. Learn to play tennis.
  8. Learn how to ride a bike without handbrakes...(embarrassing, I know).
  9. Get a blowout at a drybar.
  10. Plant a garden.
  11. Dance in a flash mob.
  12. Ride on a sail boat.
  13. Learn to ride a horse.
  14. Go to the ballet.
  15. Go hunting.
  16. Throw a surprise party.
  17. Take a cooking class.
  18. Go wine tasting in a new region each year.
  19. Learn sign language.
  20. Host a game night.
  21. Learn to play poker.
  22. See a comedy show.
  23. Roll my own sushi.
  24. Buy a pretty bicycle.
  25. Watch every film nominated for Best Film at the Oscars.
  26. Go skiing and/or snow tubing. 
  27. Fly a kite. 
  28. Get a facial. 
  29. Go hiking. 
  30. Walk the cooper river bridge.
  31. Inspire someone else to make a list. 

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome! I made a list in January and did my check in today!

    http://www.fromctoc.com/home/its-may-101-in-1001-check-in

    xoxo
    Candace
    www.FromCtoC.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candace! I'll be sure to check it out! ;) Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs