Weekend Whereabouts

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I had to work at my "second job" as I call it this past weekend. My mother-in-law owns an adorable children's boutique located in Uptown Greenwood, SC. The Frilly Frog has been in business almost 5 years this summer. She opened up my first year at Lander and I worked there all throughout college. I loved it! After I graduated though, it was time to get a "Big Girl Job" and now I help at the store on weekends and special events. I love retail and hope that one day, I can go back to that. I also go to market in Atlanta where we order a lot of our lines for the store. This past weekend was the second apparel mart for Fall. 

Anyways, back to my weekend. After my 8-5 job, I hightailed it out of there to jump in the car for Atlanta. Once we got there we were famished. We decided to walk across the street to one of our favorite places to eat in Buckhead, The Buckhead Diner. They have my second favorite calamari! My number one favorite is still Bonefish. 


Lisa got their field salad and crab cakes while I devoured these delicious Shrimp and Grits...


Maybe it is just a 'southern thing' but 9 times out of 10, if shrimp and grits is on the menu, you best believe I'm getting it. 

The next day it was off to do one of my favorite things...SHOP! 


Don't you love the classic hotel mirror picture? I decided to wear some of my favorite J. Crew matchstick jeans with a sheer white Lauren Conrad top I snagged at Kohl's a few weeks ago. 

We found some of the cutest things...Here are some sneak peeks of what will be the store this July and Fall. 


This white lace top will be perfect with some bright neon skinnies.


This top is probably my favorite! I love the detail and I'm a sucker for anything peplum. Add some tribal detail and this top is a winner! 


This next dress is by one of our top selling lines we carry for our tweens and teens (sizes 7-16) I want one in my size! I'm secretly hoping the size 16 runs very large so I can snag it when it comes in. I love anything stripes and the bonus? Jewel beaded neckline! 



That night we met up with a friend from another children's boutique in GA and went to Rays. It was my first time and it was DELICIOUS! We started out with this amazing blue cheese crumbled chips. They were to die for.. 


I could have ate all of this on my own but luckily, I didn't. 

Sunday we finished up ordering a few more lines and decided to come home. My hubby informed me over the weekend that when he picked up our pups from the groomers, they thought Tate had ear mites. I ,of course, freaking out tell Corey to quarantine our bedding since both puppies sleep with us. It turns out though, it was just a really bad ear infection and the vet could not find any ear mites. Praise the Lord! I was already itching thinking about it. 


The vet gave us some ear drops and he is doing much better now. 


Well, that was my weekend! Thanks for following along and I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great week ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs