Lloyd Party of 5

Friday, April 4, 2014

Yes, you heard right. Corey and I will soon have our first wedding anniversary and we are already a family of 5. If you were to tell me a year ago that we would have 3 dogs in the house I would have laughed, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Corey and I often talk about what it would be like with just the two of us, or with our first baby, Lace (you will meet her in a minute) and every time we both say the same thing; our life would be so boring! I am not saying that people who do not have pets or children have boring lives but for Corey and I we just feel our house would be so quiet without hearing our 3 troublemakers ransacking the house. I'll have to admit, there are times when I do not feel so loving. For instance, Corey let them out this morning at 5:3o ,when he gets ready for work, and heaven forbid they saw a cat. I thought they woke up the whole neighborhood. 

Lacy Black Lab
Meet Lacy. Corey got her when we were freshman in college. She is a five year old black lab who goes crazy over her b-a-l-l. Yeah, we have to spell it out in our household so she will not hear. She also answers to Lace or Big Mama.

For my birthday this year, Corey got me this little ball of fire. 

Sophie Stank Face
Meet Sophie. She is a Shichon (Shitzhu/Bichon mix) When we went to pick her up she had a brother. Their mother became ill and did not make it through the labor. She was rushed to the vet and emergency surgery was required to get the puppies. Out of the five puppies, Sophie and her brother were the only ones that survived.  

Needless to say, I could not just leave him behind. We went back the next day and got Tate.

Tate & Sophie

I am so glad we did! I could not imagine not having these two together. Tate looks more like a Bichon while Sophie has the Shitzhu characteristics. It is amazing how different they are. Sophie is into everything and Tate is so laid back. Sophie laps him in tag and Tate still has issues with climbing the stairs. Bless it. We are working on it. ;)



The good news is....EVERYONE (Big Mama and the two pups) all get along. We were worried at first of how Lacy would react to the two little heathens running around her territory. Turns out they love each other. The pups will even hide behind Lace if they know they are in trouble. They are definitely Three's Company. 

Three's Company





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs