Mother's Day Weekend

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hey everyone! Hope y'all are having a good week so far. I was excited about this past weekend for two reasons. One, it was mother's day - duh, but two, I completed one thing off my list! If you do not know about my "101 things in 1001 days" - you can check this post out here

Anyways, Friday night Corey and I just hung out - we decided to have a last minute date night involving Mexican which is always a good choice. I was so excited for an excuse to wear these new babies. I think I might have found my new favorite brand of shoes - Dee Keller. I ordered my off Last Call and got 40% plus another promo they were having. 


You can get them here


Saturday we went hiking with our Sunday School class and we had so much fun. We drove up to Oconee County and hiked a 3 mile hike to a waterfall. I was beat by the end of it but loved doing something new and different. 


Oh, and it wouldn't have been a Saturday without a little cheat milkshake for the ride there. ;)





We then went up the road a little bit to check out another waterfall and a cave. 


 The cave was an underground railroad where the people dug with their hands. It was pretty cool - literally. When you walked in the cave it instantly because 20 degrees cooler which was a nice relief after a long hike.  


Here's a picture of the cave walking in. It was completely black. Luckily, we brought flashlights and used our iphone's - what would we do without technology?



Now I can mark this off my list. Check! 


For Mother's Day, we went to church and out to eat with Corey's parents. We went to Capri's and just about everyone got their famous Lasagna. It was my first time getting it and it was delicious! 

Later that day it was off to the grocery store to get some food to cook for my parent's that night. 


I couldn't leave the store without some fresh flowers for my Mom...




My mom loves playing with our two rug-rats but I think they enjoyed it more. I sometimes feel they love her more than Corey and I. They love going to stay at Grandma's when we go out of town. 

That was our weekend. I hope everyone had a blessed Mother's Day. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!
    Please check out mine, thepreppybulldog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs